• A 60 year old garment in near mint condition
• SANFORIZED heavy grain indigo dyed denim
• Jacket retains most all its original dark indigo dye showing minimal washings
• Western style short jacket with front yoke detail featuring double needle stitched arcuates
• “Action back” / “bi-swing” shoulder pleating allows for ease of movement
• MADEWELL embossed stud type button front with chain-stitched keyhole button holes
• Gold cotton double stitching & bartacking with chain-stitch details
• 2 front patch style pockets with flap, secured with MADEWELL embossed brass plated stud buttons
• Adjustable sleeve cuff with MADEWELL embossed stud type cuff button and chain-stitched keyhole button holes
• Back side waist adjustors with gunmetal buckles
• Measures 19” shoulder to shoulder, 25” shoulder to end of sleeve, 22” underarm to underarm. Fits like a 42/44 or a bigger Medium or smaller Large
• Made in USA
Company History: Madewell Manufacturing Company was founded in 1937 and based in New Bedford, Massachusetts. They were a family-owned workwear company known for its popular farmer bib overalls and painters pants. In February 1989 Madewell dismissed its last remaining 70 employees, announcing it would close. At one time they employed 350 people. Company slogan “A Whale of a Garment” referred to their Mass location.
This item is hand selected for its quality of workmanship, design and character. Wear & tear and slight imperfections are to be expected and celebrated. Most vintage garments including new old stock / deadstock are offered as found in their original state and unless otherwise noted should be properly cleaned prior to use.
Vintage garments are non-returnable so please confirm size and ask any questions prior to purchase.